The Youth Development Fund offers financial assistance to youth players who cannot afford to pay the full price of our leagues and tournaments.
What can YDF funds be used for?
Funds may be used for the following purposes:
- Financial assistance for school-based or club youth teams to be used for costs associated with clinics, leagues and tournaments. Covered costs can include things like entry/registration fees, transportation, food and more. These include the costs incurred by coaches.
- Scholarships for individual players to attend camps, leagues or clinics. Covered costs can include items such as entry/registration fees, transportation, food and more.
- Stipends for coaches working with teams in local schools or club teams.
- Financial assistance for coaches working with teams in local schools or club teams that could be used for professional development activities such as clinics and conferences.
- Costs associated with outreach efforts carried out by Portland Ultimate employees and volunteers in schools that do not have established ultimate programs, or are determined to have an elevated level of need. Established ultimate programs are defined as programs that have participated in a Portland Ultimate youth league in the last two years.
- Costs associated or directly related to facilities or fields for youth events.
- Purchasing equipment such as cones and discs.
Funds may NOT be used for the following purposes:
- Costs associated with Portland Ultimate programs that do not involve youth players.
- Costs associated with conducting meetings.
How do you apply for YDF funds to support your youth Ultimate activities?
To apply for a grant, complete the online application. You will receive a decision regarding your request within 2 weeks.
We are always accepting donations.