July 11th – August 8th. Tuesdays, 6-8pm at Normandale Park. This league serves girls and boys ages 8-18. YCC team players will be required to participate in this league, but registration is not limited to YCC players. USAU membership will be required for ALL league participants. This league is a good option for youth players looking for a club team experience with more experienced players and an emphasis on the development of elite or near-elite level play.
The League fee is $50
Portland Ultimate believes everyone who wants to learn and play Ultimate should be able to. Scholarships will be awarded on a need basis. For more information, contact Ron Hartmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
This will be the YCC league this year. YCC players will be required to participate in this league. USAU membership will be required for ALL participants.
- YCC team members will require a Full Youth Membership ($34.50).
- Non-YCC team players will need to obtain an event membership (11.50)
- Players with an active, current USAU membership need only supply their membership number.
We are unable to offer financial aid for USAU memberships.
There will be U-12, U-14 and combined U-18/U-20 Mixed Divisions.
There will not be tryouts for this league, it is an opt-in league for those looking for a club team experience with more experienced players and an emphasis on the development of elite or near-elite level play.
Buddies – Friends are encouraged to register together for the league. If you want to play together, please name your buddy when you register. Buddies must name each other at time of registration. You are limited to one buddy. Buddy groups that include players of opposite genders may have up to 3 players in their group.
Free Agent Players – Players accepted into the league after close of registration may be designated as a “free agent”. Free agents play where needed (to fill team shortages on a week-by-week basis.) Being a free-agent is a great way to play with virtually everyone in the league.
If you are looking for a less serious league experience please look at our Summer Youth Recreation League. It will emphasize fun and fundamentals with weekly games following specific skill building sessions.
- 5 v 5 League
- The field is 25 yards wide and 60 yards long in total, with 14 yard endzones. There is no brick.
- Stall counts are to 8.
- ‘Make it, Drop it.’ There is no pull after a point. When a team scores, the receiving player acknowledges the goal and immediately places the disc on the ground. The other team has 8 seconds to take possession and put the disc into play at that spot. They cannot walk the disc to the goal line.
- Players sub on the fly. The designated sub zone is at the midline of the field, 10 yards in length, marked by cones. Every player entering the field must tag the outgoing player on the sideline before entering the field.
- At the beginning of a game and after half, both teams line up at the back of the end zone for the initial pull.
- When a team gains possession in their endzone, if the disc left the field of play, it can be put into play on the perimeter line where it crossed, or brought to the front of the endzone at the point closest to where it crossed the perimeter line. But if the disc did not leave the field of play and came to rest in the endzone, it is put into play where it came to rest.
- Games will be played to 13. Win by 2, no soft cap.
What to Bring
Bring sunscreen, water, white & dark shirts. If you bring a disc, please write your name on it.
What: Club League
Format: 5 v 5
When: Tuesdays, July 11th through August 8th, 6–8 p.m.
Where: Normandale Park