Friday Night High School Outdoor Pick-up
Looking to play more Ultimate this Winter? Come play on Friday nights under the lights at Buckman Field!
Who: 8th – 12th Grade students (Ages 13-18). Younger with Youth Director approval. Co-ed, all abilities welcome!
What: Outdoor pick-up Ultimate, teams decided each session. 5 v 5, depending on numbers – see 5v5 rules below.
How to Sign Up: Sign-up here for the entire season (all 10 sessions). Or sign-up for individual drop-in sessions.
- The field is 70 yards long and 25 yards wide
- 5 players per team on the field.
- Make every attempt to keep playing time equal for all players, regardless of gender.
- Stall counts to 8
- Make it, other team takes it. There is no pull after a point is scored. The scoring player acknowledges the point and disc is set on the ground.
- The opposing (scored upon) team has 8 seconds to pick up the disc and begin play.
- Player substitutions happen on the fly. All players sub in from the center of the field and must slap hands with outgoing player prior to that player joining play.
- Foot blocks: ok.