2013 PUFFY Spring League
Great news—Spring League is just around the corner. Registration is now open!
NEW THIS YEAR: We are moving our Spring League to an Open format this year. This means that teams are not required to be co-ed, but can be co-ed. Because the gender ratio may be uneven, girls on the field may end up guarding boys. (Girls who don't want to play in an Open league are encouraged to get involved with Sass, Portland's girls' high school team. Sass will be practicing on the same fields and at the same time as Youth Spring League. Learn more.)
League format: This is still seven-on-seven and all the usual Ultimate rules. Each team will play a double header each Saturday. The season will culminate in playoff and tournament.
The league kicks off on April 6 with the following events, both held at the Cleveland High School track:
- For boys: Field Trip Tournament: The league kicks off with a tournament on the first day, pairing high school boys and adult players together to play side-by-side.
- For girls: Sass practice: Sass is an all-girls high school team led by two veteran women players. Players will work on improving fundamentals of the game.
Youth Spring League Dates and Locations:
- April 6: Field Trip Tournament/Sass practice, 2 - 5:30pm. Cleveland High School track (SE Powell between 31st and 33rd)
- April 13: Week 1 of the regular season, 10am - 1 pm. Cleveland High School track (SE Powell between 31st and 33rd)
- April 20: Week 2, 10:30am - 2pm. Cook Park, Tigard
- April 27: Week 3, 2:30pm - 5pm. Cook Park, Tigard
- May 4: Week 4, 2:30pm - 5pm. Cook Park, Tigard